Dear QuestionPoint users:
We are pleased to tell you that we will be installing several new features and bug fixes early Sunday morning, April 23. Please expect the system to be unavailable for the two-hour period 2:00 a.m. – (0600 – 0800 GMT) that morning.
Here is a summary of the changes:
- Additional audio and visual notification of new patrons
or new messages. A new link at the
top of the monitor, Settings,
enables librarian to select:
- Font size of text;
- Flash-based pop-up box to alert librarian;
- Browser-based alerts, including visual and audio cues;
- QuestionPoint sound alert (different from browser-provided sound);
- Repeating QuestionPoint sound alert until patron session is claimed
- More information about a new patron to help you select:
- Institution and queue on which patron is coming in (list and info box)
- Asterisk in front of patron’s name indicates if a librarian from that group is monitoring (list and info box)
- Whether or not the patron can cobrowse (Info box)
- All components have resizable columns to provide additional viewing area. Click on the column line in the column header area and drag left or right to increase or decrease.
- “Retrieving session information” wait message is displayed after clicking on session but prior to beginning the patron session. Prevents multiple librarians from claiming same sessions.
- Incoming Instant Message alert has different sound from incoming new patron
- Must always click on Submit button to open any queue. Prevents live monitor before queues have been selected.
Patron Interface for Flash-Chat Users
- Sees librarian screen name in transcript and interface.
Patron Interface for All Chat Users
- Patron chat cursor focus is put back on input box after using "enter" to send a message.
- Wait page and Viewport appear
in same window as web form.
- Transcript wraps appropriately, according to frame size.
For All Users
- Additional monitoring tools for librarians and administrators, including ability to monitor without logging into a live monitor. Provides a view of all librarians, patrons, and queues that are being currently monitored in chat. Available as link in left margin of My QuestionPoint home page.
- New descriptive code, Technical Difficulties
- Additional useful links on home page, right column
- Online spreadsheet allows additional sort options in Ask/Reports/General
- The “Exports” link under Ask/Reports has been changed to “Form Fields.”
- Online spreadsheet in Ask/Reports/Form Fields allows institutions to view patron-supplied information, from the time of the installation forward (ability to view back data coming soon)
- Email notification for chat follow ups enabled
- Flash: resolution codes no longer automatically highlighted
- Numerous other miscellaneous fixes, both apparent and transparent
Paula Rumbaugh, for the