QuestionPoint will be sponsoring two events at the IFLA conference in Quebec. Both events are scheduled for Tuesday August 12:
Virtual Reference Around the World: Roundtable Discussion
Tuesday, 12 August, 1:00 – 2:30 PM
OCLC Suite, Room 2101, Conference Centre
Join virtual reference colleagues from around the world for an informal discussion of virtual reference trends, ideas, and opportunities. Attendees will continue the discussion from previous IFLA conferences about experiences in global virtual reference. All are welcome – come share information about your virtual reference service, and learn more about the services provided by your colleagues throughout the world.
Global Virtual Reference Service with QuestionPoint
Tuesday, 12 August, 3:15 – 4:00 pm
Conference Centre Room 2102ab
Learn how QuestionPoint’s reference management service provides libraries with the tools they need to interact with their users in multiple ways, using both chat and email. With QuestionPoint, librarians can:
- Meet users at their point of need—provide reference service around the clock with trustworthy, real-time one-on-one reference assistance from professional librarians, right from you library Web page or other Web portal. Wherever your customers are, you can be there too.
- Chat, co-browse and cooperate using best-in-class reference tools. No special software or browser plug-ins are required – the QuestionPoint chat tools are completely web-based. Multilingual reference transactions are supported.
- Refer to other librarians within your library, your consortium of libraries, or through the QuestionPoint Global Reference Network, ensuring that your users’ requests go to the most appropriate librarian.
- Add frequently asked questions and other resources to the QuestionPoint knowledge base, for easy and efficient retrieval of useful information.
- Manage all reference transactions with integrated reports for chat, email and other reference services.
Please register here if you can attend either or both events: http://www.oclc.org/info/ifla